Thursday 13 October 2011

What was ours.

      In music, I learnt a word. Tutti. It means , everyone. It's when everyone plays their part at the same time. And that's when your heart dance along with the music. I never like playing music alone, because it sounds lonely. But when the violins, brass and woodwind joins, now that's what I call a party. It's like you're connecting with everyone, but without words. The sound of violins, clarinets, flutes, cello and viola makes it a whole new world of joy. How jolly that moment is.
      Just like, in life. Home is the stage, and everyone else is the instruments that colors the stage with their music and makes it a beautiful moment. That tiny little moment , when everyone is there. Making jokes, hearing laughter  , make the world doesn't look as bad as it is.
      I had that moment. But I couldn't remember when was it. I still remember pieces of it though. I look outside my window, watching the leaves dancing on the trees, birds making love songs, bees buzzing here and there and watching wild plants growing higher and higher covering the house. The house was once mine. Mine, yours and ours. I closed my eyes, I can start to hear rain falling, slapping on the ground, I let all the background noises disappear as the sound of the rain that getting heavier. I took a long breath and everything was coming back to me.
      I remembered, it was holidays. Everyone was there. Including Aki. He's the spirit of the family. Has always been. We were eating, it was a family fest. We were about to go outside to play when the rain started to fall. So we stayed inside , trying to warm ourselves with a bowl of soup. I remembered he told us about his mother and father. About the war. He told us about how he met my grandmother. The house would always filled with laughter when he's around. I can still smile remembering it all. The sound of thunder, took away the memory, I opened my eyes, and there it is. The house. It was once ours. I've always wonder for how long it's gonna be ours, or before the house is gone, eaten by the age.
     But I never expected it being sold to anyone else. It's our house. It's where all of our memories are kept. Or it was. Look at it now, it's just being ripped apart. There're holes, in the wall. I could see the living room where the whole family used to sleep in when the whole village was blacked out. I saw the little me running around with the cousins. I wish I could just stop growing there.  At least, I'd still have more time with Aki.
     Watching the workers, taking off the walls, is like, watching my heart, is being taken pieces by pieces. Wish I nothing had change. But hey, one way or another, it'll still change.

No comments:

Post a Comment